Click Here to take the NCFE National Financial Literacy Assessment Test (NFLAT) Sample Quiz/Test.
Click Here to Buy 6 NCFE NFLAT Mock Test Series Bundle @ Rs. 199/- only
About NCFE – NFLAT:
This is a first of its kind national level test, conducted by the National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE), to measure the level of financial literacy among school students. Through this test NCFE aims to encourage school students to obtain basic financial skills which are essential for their full participation in society.
Targeted towards school students of Class VIII to X, NCFE-NFLAT would assess their knowledge on topics such as Money, Savings, Banking, Budgeting, Insurance, Investment, Retirement planning, etc. The test is conducted online across the country, both in English and Hindi.
NCFE-NFLAT was launched in the year 2013-14 by the NCFE which is setup as part of NISM, with support from all financial sector regulators i.e. RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA and FMC for implementation of the National Strategy for Financial Education (NSFE).
Registration Opens: 1st September 2015
Registration Closes: 17th October 2015
Test Date: 28th & 29th November 2015
Result Declaration: 16th December 2015
- No Fee: The test is completely free
- Registration: Online & on first come first serve basis
- Venue: 250+ test centers across India
- Duration of examination: 1 hour
- Medium of examination: English and Hindi
- Number of Questions: 75
- Type of questions: Multiple choices with combinations of 1-mark, 2-marks and 3-marks questions.
- Negative marking of 25% for wrongly attempted questions i.e., -0.25 for 1-mark questions, -0.5 for 2-marks questions, -0.75 for 3-mark questions.
NFLAT 2015 Syllabus:
NFLAT would cover the following topics
- Money Matters: Smart Goals and Financial Analysis
- Budgeting: Balancing the Means and the Ends
- Understanding insurance and risk management
- Understanding Investments
- Basics of Banking
- Introduction to Stocks and Bonds
- Investments: The wider Spectrum
- Beyond Savings: Borrowing
- Retirement as a financial goal
Download the detailed NFLAT syllabus here
NFLAT 2014 Study Material:
Free NFLAT Study Material can be downloaded by clicking here.
Students can refer the following study materials to prepare for the test.
- Pocket Money Workbook English | Hindi
- Financial Education for School Children English | Hindi
- Introduction to Retirement Planning English
- Commodity Futures Market English
- Personal Finance for School Students English
- Financial Education Material by RBI Basics of Banking
- Financial Education Material by IRDA Basics of Insurance
- Gamified financial education mapped to NFLAT syllabus Journey towards financial literacy
The above materials are for reference only. Students are advised to prepare for the test based on the topics mentioned in the detailed NFLAT syllabus.
Click here for the list of probable test centres for NCFE-NFLAT 2014-15.
|Medal, Laptop and Certificate of Accomplishment||Top 5 students at national level|
|Medal, Tablet and Certificate of Accomplishment||Top 15 students from all regions (North, South, East, West and Central) i.e. Top 3 students from each region, after excluding the national level winners|
|Rs. 2000/- and Special Recognition Certificate||Top 100 students at national level after excluding the 20 national and regional level winners|
|Merit Certificate||Top 50% of all students participating in the test|
|Certificate of Participation||All the remaining students participating in the test|
|Rs. 25000/- and a Trophy/ Shield||Top 25 schools based on highest number of student participation (not registration) in the test|
|Rs. 25000/- and a Trophy/ Shield||Top 5 schools who will have highest number of students in the top 50% (Merit Certificate category)|
|To be eligible a school must have atleast 50 students participating in the test|