Have you ever wondered what benefits you could have by simply obtaining a NISM Certification? Let me take you through the top 10 NISM Certification benefits.
A NISM Certificate is an entry level certification in capital markets. This should not be construed that they are easy-to-clear kind of certifications.Every NISM Examination requires in-depth study of the subject and practice of mock tests to clear the exam in first attempt.
NISM Certification Benefits / Uses:
Following are few benefits of NISM Certificate that I could gather working in the securities markets:
1. To Meet Regulatory Requirement: NISM Certifications are mandatory (made compulsory by SEBI) before you can work in the capital markets. The mandate comes from SEBI Certification of Associated Persons in Securities Market (CAPSM) Regulations, 2007. As per this regulation, every individual/professional is required to pass respective certification by NISM before employment. For example, a derivatives market dealer is required to clear NISM Series VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification before he/she can operate the derivatives terminal.
This is one of the key NISM Certification benefits.
2. Improves Product and Process Knowledge: All NISM Certifications come with NISM Workbooks which is the designated study material for preparing for such exam. The study material provides detailed product knowledge, process information, rules and regulations with detailed illustrations and examples. Generally, a professional working in a particular area in an organization, e.g., compliance or dealer or sales person lacks in knowledge related to other functions. NISM Certifications, thus help bridge the knowledge gaps amongst professionals.
3. Helps in Seeking Jobs in Capital Market: Apart from industry professionals, NISM Certifications can also be obtained by students of finance, management, economics and marketing. This helps them increase their domain knowledge as well as prepares them better to join the industry.
4. Good Value Addition on Resume: These certifications also increase the value of your resume to a great extent. Generally these certifications are seen as an assurance for the employer that the individual possess the requisite knowledge required on the job. These certifications can also be seen as a starting step towards international certifications like CFA, CFP etc.
5. Nation-wide Acceptance: NISM Certifications are accepted by all intermediaries in the securities market including banks, brokerage firms, asset management companies, investment banks, RTAs and many more. Most importantly, these certifications are backed by the regulator itself (SEBI).
6. Authentic Source of Information: The knowledge obtained through NISM Certifications is totally authentic, unbiased and current. Whenever I am in a dilemma regarding a particular topic, I would most of the times refer the NISM Workbook as it is also seen as a dictionary of capital market knowledge.
7. Low Fees: Fees for these certifications is very low. Most certifications can be obtained at a nominal fee of Rs. 1500/- (as of April 2018). This makes them the cheapest certifications available in financial domain.
8. Easy Availability of NISM Mock Tests: The availability of Free and Paid Mock Tests makes clearing these exams relatively easy. Various practice tests, questions and answers are available at NISM PrepCafe.
9. Free Download of NISM Study Material: While NISM provides its workbook only after paying the exam fees, NISM PrepCafe has a collection of these workbooks which can be downloaded free of cost online.
10. Partnership with NISM: While above are the benefits for individuals, NISM Certifications are also beneficial for colleges and educational institutions who can partner with NISM and increase their brand value. The details of the partnership programme can be found on NISM website.
Hope the above benefits helped you understand NISM Certifications. If you need any further knowledge or assistance related to NISM Certifications, please log on to www.prepcafe.in
Image Sources: Google Images